Skylite Associates can provide advice on assessment & selection design, and offers a range of assessment tools and solutions to help with your recruitment, promotion and development.
Why might you need help in assessment?
- You have to recruit for a particularly challenging or specific role – where key personality traits and capabilities are critical to success.
- Your organisation wants to shift the way it selects people – for example aligning selection to organisational competencies or values.
- You want to understand what your current talent profile looks like – organisational strengths, skill gaps or cultural fit challenges, or understand your future leadership potential
- Alongside a development or leadership programme, to aid self-awareness and insight at both an individual and organisational level. Psychometrics can also be a really useful aid to individual coaching.
- Where an individual is struggling in their role and they need help in understanding why.
- As part of career planning processes – for example, for high potential or senior staff or as part of an outplacement offering.
- To improve leadership or team effectiveness.
What services can we offer?
We offer a range of services which we would tailor to meet your specific needs. These might include:
- Design of redesign of an assessment/selection process
- Use of a range of psychometric tests
- Training your managers in sound recruitment practice, reducing risks of bias in selection
- Developing Assessment Centres and preparing candidates
What is a psychometric test and how are they helpful?
‘Psychometric testing’ is a term that is used to describe a range of tests designed to measure someone’s cognitive ability and their behavioural style. The former tests are typically known as ability tests and the latter as personality tests or profiles.
From a workplace perspective, both ability and personality testing are used to help to either predict future performance in a role, or to aid personal development by identifying areas of strength or challenge, and helping provide insight to individual and team differences.
Click through for more detail on ability and psychometric tests (put detailed text on separate pages – from document called psychometric overview for website)……
What psychometric tests do you work with?
We work with a wide range of psychometric tests, including Wave, Strengthscope, OPQ32, Identity, PAPI and NEO-PI. They each have their own particular strengths and therefore a brief discussion is advised to determine which would best meet your needs.
Career Transition and Development
Small Business Startup
First 100 days Coaching
Strategic HR Business Partnering
Embedding Cultures and Values